Please note . . . Elder Untch will not be logging onto this blog during his mission. However, Mom will keep it updated with details and pictures from his letters. Any comments or posts left by family and friends, she will print off and mail to him, so PLEASE POST. Thanks for your interest in Elder Untch's EXCITING Missionary Experiences!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

3rd Letter from MTC

 
Hello everybody!

Week 3 is complete! How crazy is that?! I feel like I left yesterday but at the same time I feel I've been here forever.  I
appreciate the letters from everybody and also the constant love and prayers people send.
This past week has been pretty crazy. My companion got his VISA on Wednesday and just flew off to Sao Paulo this morning. That leaves us with 3 Elders in this District. People are noticing that the Los Angeles Federal VISA places are getting their passport/VISA stuff much quicker than everyone else. I can complain though...I'm really enjoying it here and I think the Lord needs me here.
 
We had our normal devotionals for the week. One was Uncle Steve's DIrector of Media for the Missionary Department, Brother Droubay. He mentioned Uncle Steve and said he was in Italy. I was happy with the Devotional but bummed he wasn't the one speaking. Hope he is having fun in Italy though. The Church is really expanding!

The Portugese is starting to make sense and its so amazing. I can give some lessons now and can understand a lot more of the language. Thanks for all the encouragement from all you friends and family.

So it still snows over here in Utah...not cool. But its so nice having the mountains so close. I didn't noticed the "Y" was so close to the MTC till like a week ago.
Our district is so fun. We play a game called "Signs" all the time after we study. For those who don't know how to play that game look it up. Sometimes missionaries have to have some fun!

 
This week I've really had a stronger testimony on the Book of Mormon. For anyone that doesn't have a strong testimony on it I would read the second to last and last paragraphs in the introduction. If you have a testimony of the Book of Mormon than you will have a testimony of Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ, Heavenly Father, and the restored church of Christ on the Earth. I never realized how crucial it is.
 
We watched a film Sunday and it was a MTC talk by Elder Bednar. I love him...he's such a good and powerful speaker. He was talking about how crucial doctrine is. When you teach you got to focus on the Doctrine and the Principles. Not the applications! I don't really have the time to explain it but I'd encourage everybody to learn the differences between doctrine, principles, and applications. That talk will change the way I teach from now on!
 Sorry this email is shorter this week but I'm getting ready to get off. I love you all and miss you! Thank you for all the love and support and for the constant prayers. They are much appreciated.
 
Godspeed!

Elder Steven Untch
 
P.S. I hope me being on a mission will give my Royals some luck during the season...I hear they're doing alright. Haha

No comments: