Please note . . . Elder Untch will not be logging onto this blog during his mission. However, Mom will keep it updated with details and pictures from his letters. Any comments or posts left by family and friends, she will print off and mail to him, so PLEASE POST. Thanks for your interest in Elder Untch's EXCITING Missionary Experiences!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 6, 2014

So my week was pretty good. Elder Motley and I decided to work in another area thats a little closer and easier to get access to the chapel. On the first day which was Tuesday, Elder Terranova (my District Leader) and I worked in my area to find some people. Usually what happens is after Sundays, lots of people are cut so we need to start completely over to find the elects. We found some and I learned some things that really helped me this week. 
Then on Thursday, the APs and the ZLs has a blitz thing to where one dupla went around to other areas and did some things. Elder Motley and I had an appointment but they went around and found 4 people for us. Sadly none of them worked out but it was still nice to have that. 


Oh...HAPPY NEW AND SUPER LATE YEAR! Sorry...I was kind of slow on that one. I cant believe the last time I talked to you was in 2013...feels like a long time, huh? Here, people hang at the beach and shoot off fireworks like crazy. Surprisingly, we all went to bed on time at 10 30pm but at midnight it was over. I woke up to the biggest booms and stuff I have ever experienced. I thought we were in a war or bombing. Here, they really dont have rules to where you can shoot off fireworks so we had some super close to our house. It was cool though...eventually I fell back to sleep. Normal day for missionaries...I sure miss the family parties. 

To add on to this week too, its been a personal battle. I feel like there are some super super big forces attacking me right now. I feel very unworthy and worth it for some weird reason. I think its because a mission turns you completely inside out. Ive been and continue to be super humbled. Its weird but I guess good at the same time. You guys said during Skype that Im a different looking man...I can testify that to looks and character...even though Im still super stubborn. ;) But this week Ive been trying to improve my prayers of faith. I learned this a lot from Brother Johnston in Seminary but on the mission Im learning even more. 

We are using this prayer of faith thing on the members too. I think I already told you about the thing were doing with the members to where we share a message really special and in the end we have a kneeling prayer with the family and they make goals and stuff to do missionary work with the family. I tell the story of what you guys are doing every time. :) My family is wonderful!

And the response here is absolutely amazing. We had a Priesthood Meeting yesterday and I told all the leaders some more about activating less actives and how referrals come in and they loved it. During the meetings all the leaders would mention stuff like that with the ward. People are starting to load our planners like crazy. I love the members here and never want to get transferred. Serious... 

Miracle story. Sunday morning was terrible...I literally almost broke down because we worked our rears off during the week and EVERY SINGLE PERSON we found fell through with visiting the Church or something like that. I was so ticked because we were getting attacked on every corner. A couple of things happened. I started to randomly think of the Savior and how he at times didnt even have success. The perfect, Savior of the world had difficulties with this...I humbled myself on that real quick. 

Then we were walking to lunch before Church (we start at 2pm now) and we ran into the member (our ward mission leader) in whom we had lunch with and he said that him and the Bishop were going to pick up some people they thought of to Church. They brought these two less active young women whose Mom never was baptized. The Mom came and she should be baptized this Sunday now. What a miracle! 

Also, another member brought another person. Sadly this person has no desire to be baptized but she came and talked to us. Seriously, that was a miracle! Ive needed that for a long time!
So this week has been a roller coaster but really special for me. Im very excited to work my rear off with members this week. I love the work here! Thanks for your encouraging words last week.

Have a great week!

Your Son Forever,

Elder Steven Untch

No comments: